POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost rain (223K) : Lost rain (223K) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Lost rain (223K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Apr 2007 06:14:56
Message: <46274120@news.povray.org>
The subject isn't a poetic one: I lost the code for that rain! Don't
ask how I managed to delete it... I can't remember. Anyhow, I intended
to rewrite it as generic macros, so I'm posting the image to force my
self to start with the rewrite.

     The base scene is a second version of my old "town street" scene,
this time doing all the modeling/composition on Wings3D and using
POV-Ray for just lighting and special effects like the rain. The
textures are all UV painted with photos using The Gimp. The rain is just
cylinders and tori with tricky textures and repeated randomly. The
splashes are traced against the objects in the scene for placement.

     Regards,

http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/images/raining/wips/townstreet-night-070102-2.jpg
http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/images/raining/wips/townstreet-night-061230-2.jpg

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'townstreet-night-070103-2.jpg' (223 KB)

Preview of image 'townstreet-night-070103-2.jpg'
townstreet-night-070103-2.jpg